Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgerch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Downloaded Yosemite, everything was working great until I plugged my iPhone 4 into the computers usb jack to charge it. Since then my computer simply doesn't work. EXTREMELY slow, pinwheel, etc. When I finally got the activity monitor to open these three things are red and "Not Responding"

identityservicesd
coreaudiod
SpotifyWebHelper
Safari Web Content
callservicesd

Tried repairing disk permissions but it gets stuck. Any Ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated as the apple store has been completely useless and understaffed even though they just launched a new OS. Thank you.

dgerch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
It gets frozen so I have to hold the power key down and restart. I've done that a few times but it's exactly the same.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Boot in Safe Mode, if that is fine then go through your login items to see which one is causing the problem.

dgerch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Ok, thanks!

I did that and the computer seems to be running better, though the same processes are still not responding and for some reason it saying that it will take 10 hours to verify the disk.

dgerch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Ok, I managed to open my computer in safe mode but it still doesn't work in the regular mode at all, is super laggy and glitchy in safe mode and the volume controls don't work (No sound). What should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.