Yosemite Calendar Print Bug

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jockboy, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jockboy macrumors newbie

Can anyone else confirm this?

I regularly print out a month view of my calendar so I can manually amend or jot notes to it. Now, under Yosemite, if I print out a month the calendar is +1 day ahead. So, for example, if I want to print the month of November the calendar app displays Monday 27th October to Sunday 7th Dec ( the full four weeks of November) BUT if I try and print that it begins on Tuesday (the 28th Oct).
    In order to get the calendar to print weeks that begin on a Monday I have to set the preference to begin the week on a Sunday, print the month, then switch back to weeks beginning on a Monday for the calendar app to display accurately.
    I'm guessing this is some sort of Time Zone bug as I'm working on GMT and I bet the app is working on Apple Time in California!!

2. derbladerunner macrumors 6502

Others have reported similar problems:

"When printing a calendar in Yosemite, the preview has weeks starting Tuesday - even when “Start week on: Monday” is selected in Calendar Preferences.

I have had this problem since the Yosemite betas and I have reported it to Apple in September."

http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/2joxlh/os_x_yosemite_1010_bug_thread/

Looks like it's still open, I reported it again.

3. JDB1 macrumors newbie

Calendar printout starts on wrong day

I have experienced the same problem since Yosemite: it didn't happen before. I agree that the best workaround is to change the day settings in Preferences before printing (i.e. set to Sunday for printing w/c Monday) but that is an unsatisfactory solution. It doesn't appear to be time-zone related as I am on GMT and California is -5 hours, so, if anything, this would cause the print day to go back, not forward, and only until 5am when printing ...

Equally unsatisfactory, but a quick fix, is to just grab a full-screen shot or select and copy the the Calendar, then print it out as a jpg.

The problem brings to light another surprise: the Calendar cannot be printed directly from my iPhone or iPad. Not a particularly important function - if you can print from your Mac ...

4. Eidechs macrumors newbie

Calendar printout starts on wrong day

Just as an information: using another calendar like BusyCal solves this problem and prints the week correctly starting with Monday! :)

5. par42 macrumors newbie

Looks like it has been fixed on 10.10.2 beta 2 - now working for me