Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hafager

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
I just recently discovered that my currency calculator hasn't updated the currency values for quite some time on my mac. Is this a known bug, or have I done something to stop it from updating?

Anyone got a suggestion how I might update it?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I just recently discovered that my currency calculator hasn't updated the currency values for quite some time on my mac. Is this a known bug, or have I done something to stop it from updating?

Anyone got a suggestion how I might update it?

Are you talking about using Spotlight? If so it uses Yahoo as the data source.

If referring to the Calculator the Update button is impossible to miss.

ScreenShot2014-12-10at72404PM_zpsed44e6d8.jpg

hafager

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
I know, but it doesn't update the value on my mac. I have a problem when translating into NOK (Norwegian Kroner), my local currency. Even though yahoo shows the correct value when i check the website, spotlight shows a very old value.

Edit:
Ah, i see. I think I have to update it in the calculator for it to pull the latest value from yahoo.
EditEdit:
It didn't work for spotlight after all. Tried to reboot after it had pulled the most recent value from yahoo, and it shows correct in calculator, but not in spotlight.

Last edited:

bats5601

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
I know, but it doesn't update the value on my mac. I have a problem when translating into NOK (Norwegian Kroner), my local currency. Even though yahoo shows the correct value when i check the website, spotlight shows a very old value.

Edit:
Ah, i see. I think I have to update it in the calculator for it to pull the latest value from yahoo.
EditEdit:
It didn't work for spotlight after all. Tried to reboot after it had pulled the most recent value from yahoo, and it shows correct in calculator, but not in spotlight.

Hmm, I also have this problem. The Spotlight currency conversion rates are not updated. Anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.