Yosemite DP7 freezes

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by airlied, Sep 14, 2014.

1. airlied macrumors regular

airlied

It was fine until DP7 (at least from DP4~6 were fine to me). Sometimes the whole Screen freezes and you cannot even move your mouse cursor. At the very first I thought it was something wrong with my mouse connection, perhaps bluetooth connection failed and thats why I couldn't move it. But it's not. I watched a movie and the movie itself freezes for few seconds every 5 to 10 minutes and during this time only sound works. So Im 100% sure that this was a bug. And I shot a bug report to apple.

2. yeldarbnamdlog macrumors member

1) You haven't provided any kind of specifics, to even give us an idea of what the problem is.

2) You accepted the risk when you installed a developer preview...There was never any chance that it would be 100% stable with every application and utility that exists, globally.

Until we have specific information such as a crash log, or more information about what you are doing when your computer has 'problems', no one here can help you, in any way.

3. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

I had the same freezing thing on my air but then I reset the PRAM and SMC and that seems to have cleared up a lot of those freezing problems including the safari problems. It's worth a try to see if it'll help you out.