Yosemite Internet!?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by callum1185, Oct 29, 2014.

1. callum1185 macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2014
    Having just installed Yosemite whilst surfing the internet it has become slow or time's out whilst loading a page. Is anyone else suffering the same problem?
  2. gc916 macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2012
    See this thread on MacRumors and here on Apple Support Communities. You are not the only one experiencing connectivity issues with Yosemite.
  3. oldmac1988, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

oldmac1988 macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2014
    USA; Ohio; on the shores of Lake Erie
    been a long time coming

I see it has been days since you posted your problem, having suffered like you for weeks with slow internet (until Safari simply stopped working 3 days ago), the problem for me was resolved yesterday.

Although I've used Macs only for a long time, I know almost nothing; searching for an answer was a problem. I have learned more about WiFi, connectivity, and other things I'll forget in a couple of days. It took time to figure out what words to use to enter in the browser to find the answer to my problem.

Having spent 3 days at a neighbor's researching and coming home and trying ALL the suggestions, there was only one of a hundred things I had tried that worked.

I installed Google and switched my browser to Google from Safari. Before doing this, I made certain everything was carefully backed up, junk deleted, downloaded my bookmarks from Safari, etc.

Yesterday I used these two links, did some of what each suggested, but I do think that simply installing Google as my browser fix my problem. Will know better as the days pass, but I am jubilant to be online again.

There is a section on the second link about problems with Safari.