yosemite issues? virus?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Moidsin, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Moidsin macrumors newbie

i have a 27inch retina imac and it is started behaving wierd, programs that did work now dont, yesterday it froze completely and even force quit didn't work. i had to turn it off and on again at the wall. could i have a virus?
    any thoughts be helpful!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, you don't have a virus.

Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released over 12 years ago. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which can be easily avoided by practicing safe computing (see below). 3rd party antivirus apps are not necessary to keep a Mac malware-free, as long as a user practices safe computing, as described in the following link.
    Read the What security steps should I take? section of the Mac Virus/Malware FAQ for tips on practicing safe computing.

You'll have to be more specific about your issues. What year model? What version of Yosemite? Which programs? What is "weird"?

If you're having performance issues, this may help:

3. Moidsin thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks
    computer is late 2014
    OSX 10.10.2
    program probleem is DRAGON DICTATE FOR MAC 4.0.6
    which no longer works properly with MAIL and its command mode (to control the mac) it dosent work at all with microsoft office, as it used to
    microsoft word was running when it froze!