Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RockyFaboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2015
In the past couple days, I've received notes that I recently sent out to someone. But they are not the same as what I sent.

For example, I replied to a question from a sender. A few minutes later, I got an email with the same subject line, the first couple words of what I'd written to them, but the rest was a different email that Macy's had sent me about my bank account. When I looked at my email online, I could find the Macy's email (and it's not spam), but I can't find it in the Mail application on my Macbook Pro, even when I search for it with the search tool.

Is this some sort of virus?

thanks for any insight.

RockyFaboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2015
In the past couple days, I've received notes that I recently sent out to someone. But they are not the same as what I sent.

For example, I replied to a question from a sender. A few minutes later, I got an email with the same subject line, the first couple words of what I'd written to them, but the rest was a different email that Macy's had sent me about my bank account. When I looked at my email online, I could find the Macy's email (and it's not spam), but I can't find it in the Mail application on my Macbook Pro, even when I search for it with the search tool.

Is this some sort of virus?

thanks for any insight.
... also, the sender on this weird note is me. And there's no such weird note showing up in my gmail account when I look online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.