Yosemite Media Apps

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Merackon, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Merackon macrumors member

Hi All,

When I was messing around with the Yosemite DP3 the other day, and noticed that iTunes has still not been brought up to the same level as most of the other stock apps in the OS it got me thinking. Now, before I go on, apologies if this has been discussed before, but when I did a forum search, nothing was turned up which looked of a similar note to this.

Are Apple intending to split the entire iTunes 'Alliance' of apps apart into smaller, lighter weight apps, like they have done throughout the history of iOS?

Now I for one think that this would be a tremendous idea, as it would save time, albeit a very small amount, and would most likely clean up the UI a fair bit. I have not seen this around on the internet, nor have I seen this as a notation on Apple's website or anything, so please don't flame me if you already have prior knowledge of this, or something else, being the intention in the next or final release of the OS.

In light of this possibility, could it be because of this that they are not releasing a Yosemite-esque version of iTunes in the developer previews? Would there be various issues if they were to begin using the split app system in a Beta?

What are your thoughts on the matter, I am just curious about the nature of the development...

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

iTunes 11 is a holdover. iTunes 12 (or Music Player or...) will be easy identifiable by the new red icon shown in the keynote and on Apple.com.