Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darthballs31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
After updating to the latest OS, one thing that I found a tad bit annoying was adding text to pdfs (used mostly in classes), where the text would just pop up in the center of the pdf page rather than wherever I clicked (like in Mavericks).

I was curious if anyone knew a work around (or setting), or am I stuck with this?

xjames

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Brazil
I have the same issue. I write text on a lot of jpgs and pdfs for work, with this handy feature, but now its very annoying.

Another problem I found is with multi-line texts: With Mavericks and before, when you go to the next line, the text box expands down. With yosemite, it centers vertically where you started and expands up and down. it makes it very hard to properly align my text with the pdf/jpg.

The best workflow I found so far to make things a little less slow, is to place the first text where I want, and then copy/paste the text, place it, edit it, etc.

It's mind boggling and sad that they crippled such an amazing tool to the point that I'm looking for an alternative.

Darthballs31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
I have the same issue. I write text on a lot of jpgs and pdfs for work, with this handy feature, but now its very annoying.

Another problem I found is with multi-line texts: With Mavericks and before, when you go to the next line, the text box expands down. With yosemite, it centers vertically where you started and expands up and down. it makes it very hard to properly align my text with the pdf/jpg.

The best workflow I found so far to make things a little less slow, is to place the first text where I want, and then copy/paste the text, place it, edit it, etc.

It's mind boggling and sad that they crippled such an amazing tool to the point that I'm looking for an alternative.

Right? I am so disappointed as Preview was so great (for me) before, and they botched it up! :(

Hopefully, they plan to "fix" it in the future, but if you happen to find something else that is comparable, please let me know!

julianchan123

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2014
After updating to the latest OS, one thing that I found a tad bit annoying was adding text to pdfs (used mostly in classes), where the text would just pop up in the center of the pdf page rather than wherever I clicked (like in Mavericks).

I was curious if anyone knew a work around (or setting), or am I stuck with this?

Same
That's quite annoying

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
I made a thread on this yesterday. Didn't see your thread.

I thought I was the only one. I AM SOO ANNOYED. Is this a glitch or they meant it to be like it..

----------

I tried looking for alternatives, but have yet to find one. Please post here if you find an alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.