Yosemite: Preview is getting hanged !

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by hbaromega, Nov 12, 2014.

1. hbaromega macrumors newbie

After upgrading from Mavericks to Yosemite, the Preview application is showing a weird behavior:

First of all, whenever I open a file with this app, all previously used files get opened too. Then the spinning beach ball pointer keeps on spinning forever, i.e. Preview gets hanged. Now if I force quit the application, the same thing repeats (i.e. again Preview gets hanged).

Any way out?

2. smokesletsgo macrumors regular

Old issue, since the beta. No way to prevent this other than wait for an update. Very annoying.

3. hbaromega thread starter macrumors newbie

Am I still using beta?

A second thought, is there a way to downgrade and get back to Mavericks again? I mean, without formatting the hard drive?

Thanks.

4. KALLT macrumors 601

No, not without formatting your hard drive. But it can be a smooth process depending on your backup. If you still have a fairly recent Mavericks backup, then you can just revert to it after you formatted your HD. If not, then you will have to set it up anew with a USB stick or DVD and a manual transfer of your files.

5. drew627 macrumors regular

Maybe you can try deleting ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Preview/Data/Library/Caches/ and open Preview again?

6. hbaromega thread starter macrumors newbie

Nopes, I just tried. It doesn't seem to work for me! :(

7. hbaromega thread starter macrumors newbie