Yosemite RC3 - Its show time ??

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by JayKyte, Oct 11, 2014.

1. JayKyte macrumors newbie

I have recently got over some hurdles that where stopping me using Yosemite as a main OP (Flexget and VMware).
    Now we are on RC3 , things look more polished , there was a nice welcome page after install etc , things look kinda good ...
    Whats people's views on using it as a main OP and removing my Mavericks partition....Is it show time?:)

2. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

3. JayKyte thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I'm half n half , I'm installing my most used stuff , and see how it goes , thanks for the reply ;)

4. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

All is well here including VMware once uploaded to the latest version. Just installing gm candidate 3 now.

5. Actarus macrumors member

Working flawlessly in a hackintosh ;) Of course by using the most compatible components. Also working in an Air. I'll wait anyway for the final release before using it as the main OS. I like it.

6. leman macrumors 604

I have been using it as my main OS for some months now. Even with earlier DPs, the experience was better than Mavericks or ML ever were on my rMBP. Yosemite betas were more responsive, more table, the standard applications much more reliable and the additional tools are certainly the icing on the cake.

7. Abba1 macrumors regular

I Agree

I'm on the PB, but I agree completely. PB 1 was iffy, but I liked the feel and look of it; and, even then, the standard applications worked far better than I would have expected in a beta. Starting with PB 2, I've found it more responsive and stable, etc., and I have also been using it as my main OS. I think Yosemite is a big step up from Mavericks.

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

If only my wifi would stop disconnecting by itself multiple times a day, it would be priceless.

9. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Visually, it's a step down for me, but anything else is just way ahead. Even battery life is better, so I'm using it as my main OS before people develop tools to get rid of the annoyances (like a 3D dock with white indicators instead of black ones - cDock shows them as black in 3D mode), themes with Flavours app, etc..