Yosemite repeatedly asks for iCloud-login

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by VSG, Nov 16, 2014.

1. VSG macrumors regular

Hi there!

I've had Yosemite installed on my MBA 2013 since it was officially released. Everything is working fine, but today, after removing a few apps and restarting (usually I just put it in standby), I had three dialogs popping up requesting me to login to iCloud, Messages and FaceTime again - just to enter the password.
    And after I did, the dialogs popped up again. They featured the usual Yosemite-design and my Apple-ID was correctly pre-entered, so it seemed legit.

Has this happened to anyone else as well?
    With the latest vulnerabilities in Yosemite and iOS I'm just wondering whether this is "normal".

If I recount my experiences in all, Yosemite asked me three times as of now to re-enter my FaceTime/Messages/iCloud passwords ... Why does it keep forgetting them? Or is this some kind of security feature?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    Best regards,
    VSG

2. jays94 macrumors newbie

I had this exact problem!

Every time I tried to do anything in mail, FaceTime, etc. It would keep asking me to login, when I put a password in it would load then do nothing.

Even entering my password in the iCloud preferences did nothing but load and then ask again.

Eventually I found that if you enter your password via "Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud" That it would then work and i've had no problems since.

3. VSG thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thank you!

I'll keep an eye on it and if it pops up again, I'll try your tip. :)

Best regards,
    VSG