Yosemite Ruined IPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thailazer, Jul 22, 2015.

1. thailazer macrumors newbie

Upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite two days ago and now find IPhoto very problematic.

!.) IPhoto does NOT recognize memory media plugged into the USB port on the back of my Mac Mini. (Flash drive or USB hard drive.) Always worked in prior versions.

2.) Exports can not be done with reduced size. (At least I have not found it.)

This morning, IPhoto will not load and run and it is "x'd" out in applications.

Some information on my setup:

Yosemite 10.10.4 IPhoto 9.5.1 (About 7000 images) Hardware in image below.

I have two Mac Mini machines, and a ten year old MacBook. All upgrades in the past have been seamless, but this one to Yosemite doesn't look like it had any user testing. Any advice on how to at least get those exports to work? Going to do a fresh install right now to try to get IPhoto to load.

Attached Files:

2. thailazer thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay... Finally got caught up with the Apple world and found out that IPhoto has been obsoleted with Yosemite. That is why it is "x"d out in applications. The new application Photos has some bugs like it will not recognize memory plugged into the USB port. (It appears but is greyed out.) All in all, the new Photos app is rather disappointing. Has anyone figured out a work around to be able to use USB memory for adding new photos?

3. chrfr macrumors 603

You can keep using iPhoto if you'd like, but you need version 9.6.1. To get it, first look in the "Purchases" section of the App Store to see that iPhoto is still in the list. If iPhoto is still there, quit App Store and delete your copy of iPhoto from the Applications folder. Then reopen the App Store, go to Purchases, and download iPhoto.