Yosemite Screen Share fails

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Apple Office, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Apple Office macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a new mini mac to use as a file server and migrated all the files and setting from the old mini (snow leopard). The new mini allows file sharing but not screen sharing unless I remote in with the admin name and password of the administrator of the new mini.

I also upgraded the iMacs from snow leopard to yomemite and have the exact same problem.

System preferences > screen sharing. I checked the box only these user and added the name from users and group that I want to all screen sharing. But when I exit system preferences, the names disappear. I can add names to file sharing but not to screen sharing.

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

I just tried adding specific users to screen sharing. When I exit system preferences and go back into system preferences the user I added is still there. Try doing a repair permissions and then updating system preferences again.

3. Apple Office thread starter macrumors newbie

I had already tried that. A lot of permissions were repaired, but it didn't fix the problem.

4. dyt1983, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

5. Apple Office thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, running Yosemite. No, not running a server app. It's a desktop used as a server with peer-to-peer connections with the work stations.

But the problem is system wide. So even if server app would fix the mini, I have the same sharing permissions problems with every desktop I upgraded.

6. dyt1983, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.