Yosemite: the unmentioned changes

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jamietshaw, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamietshaw macrumors member

Aside from the new look and various Handoff stuff I haven’t really seen anything mentioning the smaller tweaks introduced in Yosemite. Here’s some I have found. Any others?

• In some applications you can’t tab to other buttons in a dialogs such as “file already exists” and “Do you wish to save”. You have to do Cmd-letter instead.
    • Finder: When right-clicking on a file and choosing Open With, a menu initially appears with the message “Fetching…”.
    • Finder: New menu option View > Show Preview
    • Finder: The “Where” field in Get Info shows triangles as the folder path separator. You can copy and these but that’s pretty useless for e.g. pasting into Terminal.
    • Preview: In the Markup toolbar, a new ‘zoom’ shape adds a circle with the contents zoomed in (like the Loupe tool) and a ‘fade’ tool dims everything outside the box you draw. There is also a new “Sketch” tool. Some commands previously only in menus now have buttons here, e.g. Adjust Color and Adjust Size, and i think there are more colour options for line and fill. The text formatting button provides some easy options but does not give access to the standard OS X font palette.
    • Preview: Notes (i.e. annotations in PDFs) are printable. (Maybe this was earlier versions too?)
    • Preview: If you want to print a graphic that fits onto the paper, the default size of the graphic is 100%. In previous versions, Preview would default to making the graphic as large as possible. (My no. 1 favourite feature of Yosemite!)
    • Calendar: No longer possible to delete events from the Get Info/Inspector windows (something that was rather too easy to do in previous versions because the button was in the same place as another button in a different view)

2. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.