Yosemite Update Deleted All Of My Emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NarcNarwal, Oct 17, 2014.

1. NarcNarwal macrumors newbie

Thank you for your interest in this thread. If you have any input into the matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is my dilemma. This morning I updated my MBP, as many others did, to OSX Yosemite. Everything worked perfectly until all my emails from one of my accounts got deleted. In the mail application I have two emails, one business and one personal. One was unaffected but the others contents was deleted. I am still receiving emails on the account and the folders are still in the sidebar but nothing is within.

Now this is where things get weirder. I logged into my account via safari on the gmail website thinking my emails were safe within and that the update had just messed with the imap server. Well foolish of me for thinking that because all of the emails had disappeared from there as well. Now I don't know if this is just a freak coincidense that Google deleted all my emails unrelated to the OS update but that is a little far fetched.

These emails are very important and I am seeking a solution as googles customer service was only able to come up with the idea that someone hacked in and deleted them all. If anyone has any insight into this please leave your response. Thank you.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Ask Google when they were deleted and by what means, they should be able to tell you whether it was via the web interface or a POP or IMAP client. Then match that up against when you were doing the update and see where that leads.

Can Google restore them?

Can you restore them from a Time Machine backup?