Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirolway

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
London
I seem to suddenly be having trouble maintaining a wifi connection when I'm out & about staying in hotels these days. The same hotels at which I had absolutely no problem pre-Yosemite. That's not good.

When I shutdown my Mac I now see a spinner in the middle of a black screen for ages (minutes, certainly) before it shuts down. That's new with Yosemite.

When I startup my Mac, after entering my password I get a small progress bar that makes it look like the Mac is recovering form a problem or at least waking from hibernation. I'm not sure if this is normal / expected, but it looks like a problem (i.e. it's bad UI if it's not a problem) and is new with Yosemite.

So I guess I'm heading toward a complete Mac wipe & reinstall. That's not welcome.

Not up to the usual standard?
Disappointed ...

Oh, I should mention that I'm sporting the very latest 13" MacBook Pro from mid-2009, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
When I shutdown my Mac I now see a spinner in the middle of a black screen for ages (minutes, certainly) before it shuts down. That's new with Yosemite.

When I startup my Mac, after entering my password I get a small progress bar that makes it look like the Mac is recovering form a problem or at least waking from hibernation. I'm not sure if this is normal / expected, but it looks like a problem (i.e. it's bad UI if it's not a problem) and is new with Yosemite.

All of these are just new design clues of Yosemite, nothing to do with problems, or lack of problems, on your machine. The new start-up screen is just a mimic of what iOS's doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.