Yosemite Wipe

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Unless the computer had Yosemite on it when it was sold as new you cannot sell it with Yosemite on it without using your AID. What version of OS X was installed when you took original delivery and did you bother to de-authorize it in iTunes?

Mason Vanderpump

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2015
California Dreaming
Unless the computer had Yosemite on it when it was sold as new you cannot sell it with Yosemite on it without using your AID. What version of OS X was installed when you took original delivery and did you bother to de-authorize it in iTunes?
It came with Leapord and no I'll just deauthorize all computers

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
I'm trying to wipe yosemite to sell my iMac but to reinstall i need an apple iD is that going to cause complications with selling it?
The Apple ID is just used to download Yosemite, that is all. It doesn't remain after you clean install.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Id like some clarification here. I just upgraded my rMBP to Yosemite in preparation to sell. I presumed that the upgrade process has updated my recovery partition to Yosemite. I plan to erase the drive and install the OS Clean. I presumed that would be Yosemite from this recovery partition. Am I wrong?

In this case all I need to do is:

1) Turn off find my mac
2) de-authorize in itunes
3) log out of iTunes and iCloud

Also correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.