Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yosemite.Sam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
OK. Installed Yosemite and have two nagging issues (so far).

1) The toolbar at the top of applications hides itself. Apple did this on purpose. Is there a way to disable that? I don't want anything hiding itself, unless I specifically take such action.

2) I fight with this every single upgrade. In Safari, is there a way to force new tabs to open at the end (rather than right next to where I am). I know there are a few extensions out there that will do this. Has Apple added a way to do this without the need for extensions (write.com.Safari...)?

iMac-Do-You?

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Brexitland
For 1) Sounds like you are entering full screen mode, possibly by clicking the green button to "maximise' an application window. The default mode for this button now is to enter full screen. To prevent this, hold down the Option key before clicking the green button, this will revert it to 'maximise' mode.

For 2) Not quite understanding what you mean? Open new tabs at the end of what? When I open a new tab in Safari, it opens to the right hand side of any current tabs, and subsequent tabs also open to the very right of any current tabs.

Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.