Yosemite won't install after formatting

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by starski0, Feb 17, 2015.

1. starski0, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

starski0 macrumors newbie

I tried to perform a clean install of my early 2011 MacBook Pro to upgrade it to Yosemite according to the instructions on this page:

http://macs.about.com/od/OS-X-Yosemite/ss/Perform-a-Clean-Install-of-OS-X-Yosemite-on-Your-Macs-Startup-Drive_3.htm#step-heading

I had already upgraded to Mavericks this way.

I both booted and formatted my entire hard drive in the disk utility from the external drive containing the Yosemite installation files. However, errors were occurring during the installation. So now I have no system =(

I am trying now to recover from the Internet accessed by pressing Command+R when initializing. The screen is stuck with a picture of a Globe and a message saying it may take a while.

I'm wondering how can the PC even know which network to connect before it downloads an OS.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to fix this.

Thanks

2. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

I've had issues with a Yosemite USB installer so I just the internet recovery.

As far I know it's normal for it to remember the network you were connected to.

Just let it run - it has to download the entire installer so it may take a while.