Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
games: is that the only argument from PC users?

When my friends and I stumble upon a Windows vs MacOS argument, they always argue that Windows support more games.. it's the only thing I can't shut them up about. Is that the only reason why peecees are better? Gee, i hope not...

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
In response...

...to the post that said Warcraft III would come out for Mac a year after PC. Apparently he has never been to the Blizzard website. They have War3 running under OSX and are going to release it simultaneously.

GreenLyons

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2002
West Coast, USA
ok.. ok..

jeezz.... we have angry republicans against gays, lesbians mad because of the crap that hits them day to day, PC-freaks threatening board-domination... cloaked -mac users ready to resurp...

Can't we just all get along?

Anyway, I'm a Graphic Artist, and have used both PC and mac for the job for 12 years, and until you walk the dog and carry the poop-a-scoper.
Macs are more relaible, stronger, and more cutting edge, handles graphics better, yes not alot of games for the Mac... in comparison to the PC..
(lets be fair).. but the games seem to run better on macs.. brighter, smoother.. faster.

I love you all... May the pinky Toes of Vishnu always wear your rings.

but I also agree with the pink-one.. been done to death... and the fevor still reigns.
and while Im throwing words to the wind.. a freind once told me..

Winning an argument on a message board is like winning the special olympics.. yea you won, but...
nevermind.. not to offend any of the "exceptional" individuals out there.. another term I have a problem with.

T

TremorX

Why can't you just enjoy technology for technology's sake?

Why does everyone have to get in a pissing contest? This is just as vile and pointless as console gaming arguments.

Everything has a place and purpose. I own a Windows-based PC right now because it's cheaper to slap one together from junk parts and make it work. Macs have a high up-front cost and limited customability. I'd love to have a Mac to complement my collection of electronicy goodness, but I can't afford their rather steep price tags.

For example - I've slapped my PC together and only have about $500 invested in it over the course of about 2 years.. you just can't do that at that level with a Mac. If OSX ran on Clone hardware, I'd probably embrace it. But, it doesn't.

Your venomous arguing does nothing but turn casual users against the Macintosh. Fortunately, I still respect it and have even suggested that a few of my co-workers consider getting one for video production purposes.

Play nice, you Mac-kiddies. Face the truth, Mac or PC, we're all geeks who'll never touch a real boob anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.