You and your personal "case"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vaper, Sep 3, 2010.

1. vaper macrumors newbie

Don't get me wrong. I like "things" such as cases and screen protectors for my iP4. I like them to fit well and function properly and to look nice too.

Lately, I have been noticing a trend towards forum members being extremely upset with even the slightest perceived imperfection in any given case, be it in fit, material, mold injection points, etc.

I just wonder (and I think I know the answer) whether these same individuals are anywhere near as demanding and critical in their own clothing and overall appearance. Is every stitch in every seam checked for any imperfection? Is the tailoring and fit beyond reproach? Are the materials used the finest currently available? Does each item work well with all the others? Everything spotless and perfectly pressed? You don't need a haircut? A shave? Maybe loose a pound or two?

Chances are you are nowhere near as demanding when it comes to such matters for your own attire. But, when it comes to a case for your phone.....its the end of the earth if there's a little wiggle room at the top or sides, or if the material used picks up a little lint or isn't as firm or soft as you had expected.

Odd, isn't it?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

What I've noticed is that those iPhone owners around me are usually the hipster variety with tattered clothing, in desperate need of a haircut and questionable hygiene. I guess the phone "issues" are the easiest fix for them considering their image as a whole.

3. vaper thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen the full gamut from total slobs to impeccably dressed. I certainly am not suggesting that iphone users are all slobs. I was just wondering about the ones who nitpick about every minute detail regarding their cases. I'd be willing to bet that there are many who are leaning towards the slob end of the spectrum.

4. vaper thread starter macrumors newbie

...or at least, holding their own appearance to a much lower standard than for their phone.

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

Some very enlightening remarks, Vaper.
    I suspect the same thing happened to our ancestors when it came to stone tools. We are human after all and many of us are materialistic. But that's what make us human in the general sense of the word.

6. DaMink macrumors newbie

From the feet up,

Italian calf skin chukkas
    nudies jeans
    Ralph lauren button down

I would be hard pressed to find an error in any of my articles of clothing.

At work I make things out of wood(the easy answer) and I would be hard pressed to sell one of my items if it has a hair trapped in the finish or the sanding doesn't make the wood like glass.

I agree there is a lot of wiggle room with a lot of things, personally i find some of the critiques to be ridiculous but other times (especially with fit on something thats one size(assuming the phones nude)) it is a different matter.

so sometimes the companies are to blame, sometimes the people are. either way you're going to hear complaints.