You Can Control Spotify Audio From Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by walshy1009, Apr 8, 2015.

1. walshy1009, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

walshy1009 macrumors regular

walshy1009

Hey guys!

I'm currently viewing a Periscope livestream where an Australian media reviewer (from news.com.au) is currently answering questions on Apple Watch.

He did a review yesterday and gave it a 5/5

I asked whether you can control Spotify music (play, pause) from Apple Watch like control centre on iPhone?

He said that he's been using his Apple Watch to control Audible audio so it'd probably work the same for other apps that play audio when your device is locked.

Looks like Spotify users will have a way to control music from the watch while they wait for a Spotify Apple Watch app (unless theres an Audible app on the Apple Watch, maybe if he was using that)

Hope this helps some people.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Nilay Patel from The Verge also confirmed you could control Spotify from the watch - great news!

At least we'll be able to skip, pause and control the volume while (hopefully) Spotify work on a full app.

3. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

That's good, although not too surprising since I can control Spotify from my car as well.

4. Lizardo90 macrumors member

5. Scottuary macrumors member

Wow, that's great news. So it sounds like the Apple Watch just controls whatever is currently playing on your iPhone. Kind of like the Control Center controls.

However, I think Spotify will need an app so start Spotify and engage it to play a song if there is nothing playing on the iPhone. So you'll need to start the app on your iPhone. But at least you can control playback.

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Speaking of controlling my phone with my car, I'm wondering how Apple Watch will interact with a phone that's already paired over bluetooth with a car. Will I be able to use both to control the phone? That would be optimal.

7. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Great news. This should come in handy if I have my iPhone in my pocket as I am out walking. Since Siri doesn't work with Spotify, it is always a pain to pull out my iPhone to change songs.

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Sweet, we can do what earbuds have done for eight years!

9. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I really want a Sonos app that allows me to control my music at home. First world problems

10. ZMRoach macrumors regular

ZMRoach

I need this in my life!

11. danlages65 macrumors newbie

danlages65

I think they will.

12. biosci macrumors 6502a

Your phone can connect to multiple BT devices at the same time.