You can have your Farmville now.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by *LTD*, Apr 23, 2010.

1. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/04/21/its-coming-farmville-heading-to-iphone-and-ipad/

Looks like FarmVille is heading to Apple’s iPhone and iPad
    Friday, April 23, 2010

"Some will cheer, others will groan, but it seems that the love-it-or-hate-it [Adobe Flash-based] Facebook game, FarmVille, is on its way to iPhone and iPad," Mike Schramm reports for TUAW.

"A recent search of domains has uncovered both farmvilleiphone.com and farmvilleipad.com, both reserved by the same company currently overseeing Zynga's official FarmVille website," Schramm reports. "This means that sooner or later, we'll probably be seeing official clients for Apple's mobile devices."

-------------------------------------------

Have a nice day, Adobe.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh dear God.

OTOH, this is a huge deal for many so if others are happy then so be it. This is a sign though that some of the issues or reasons people do not want the iPad or have returned the iPad are being worked out in favor of the consumer. I think the moral of the story here is patience is key.

3. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

4. *LTD* thread starter macrumors G4

*LTD*

Apparently, Farmville was a huge issue in making an iPad decision. Particularly among women, and particularly among some male users' alleged wives.

So there you have it. ;)

5. jesterscourt macrumors regular

Isn't "We Rule" essentially the same game, and already available on the apps store?

6. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

Don't know if this will be happening soon, because companies all the time purchase potential domain names to secure them for the future.

If it does happen, I think it will really help iPad sales. I know people that are on the fence about getting an ipad, that if you tell them they can play their farmville on it, will go out and buy it immediately... sad as that is to say.

7. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I think the social side of things is the key factor. The mechanics of both games appear to be pretty similar; but if your friends are all on Farmville then playing We Rule isn't going to be the same experience.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

My wife will be THRILLED to hear this. Its a harmless past-time for 100 MILLION users. This is GREAT news for the longevity of the iPad!

Looks like I may be back in the market for one once this happens.

9. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

As long as they don't make it like the Mafia Wars app.

10. Detlev_73 macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

I just ignore Farmville requests when I get them on Facebook; I don't whine about it.

11. Boblister macrumors 6502a

Theres already an app for one of Facebooks other offerings, Social City.