Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Yeah they're pretty much done.

Even if they are permitted the convenience and integration of native apps are hard to overcome.
Totally. I appreciate the first party integration but feel bad for devs who get their bread and butter sherlocked, like today's announcement for creating stickers. Feels like Sticker Drop is done for as well...

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I have brain and spinal column damage with pain and some some mood issues as a result. This is going to be amazing for sharing with my doctors.

One of my frequent challenges is that I sometimes feel so horrible, I cannot journal how horrible I feel. This will remedy that situation.

I can then share with my doctors at my appointments to give them additional data points for them to help find solutions for my overall wellness and hopefully continue to heal and improve over the extended long-term.

Now - if this could sync via Apple Health back to AllScripts/Epic/Cerner/Catails for my doctors to have access to? Even better.

Thanks for sharing this so early in the thread. It completely short circuited my instinct to mock this feature... Good to know there's a real use for someone out there.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Does anybody else think pleasant and unpleasant are odd words to describe how you feel?

To me pleasant is something that describes how nice/enjoyable/pleasing other people and things are to you. If you used it to describe yourself, conversely, it would describe how nice/enjoyable/pleasing you are to others.

If I just said, "I feel pleasant," I think it raises the question: to whom do I feel I am pleasant?

I just don't think that's the way the word is usually used.

I’m feeling depressed because iOS looks the same as it has for ten years, and they ignore the most wanted requests year after year after year.
Don't be! Apple Vision Studio took the thunder. The technology Apple has been working on is definitely not easy. You can tell Apple has everyone working on that thing. I just hope there are stability and performance improvements. That should be enough!

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
Apple seems to already be blocking my mood tracking app, even though it’s no real threat to Apple, for “duplicating functionality”, even though it was doing this already 10 years ago and has lots of active users who will now lose access to updates unless Apple changes their mind:
I wonder what will happen to other apps too doing similar like Moodnotes, Reflectly, etc.
Just wondering what you were trying to accomplish by adding those hashtags at the end of your tweet. Seems like you thought that might bring some pressure to Apple regarding your work.

Tim Sweeney? Really?

I don't get the duplication issue since the App Store makes many apps available that duplicate the functions of their apps. Their whole office suite is met by duplicates from Microsoft and Google.

I am not a coder or developer so perhaps I don't understand. Can you explain that and the hash tag move to me?

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
I acknowledge my app is small fries, but still has some paying users who will be denied updates, and years of dev time, customer research, etc behind it which may now go to waste. Apple allows other notes apps, email apps etc, so why not mood tracking apps? It’s not like my app is identical to theirs.
Given how many apps Apple allows with duplicate functions and uses to their apps, I have to wonder if there is more to the story.

Reactions: gsharm

jchap

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
What's surprising is that up until day, many people thought that Apple was going to invent a "Day One killer" app.

Nothing like that at all, from what I can see. It seemed kind of strange to think that Apple would get into journaling apps to begin with.

Reactions: gsharm and zapmymac

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have brain and spinal column damage with pain and some some mood issues as a result. This is going to be amazing for sharing with my doctors.

One of my frequent challenges is that I sometimes feel so horrible, I cannot journal how horrible I feel. This will remedy that situation.

I can then share with my doctors at my appointments to give them additional data points for them to help find solutions for my overall wellness and hopefully continue to heal and improve over the extended long-term.

Now - if this could sync via Apple Health back to AllScripts/Epic/Cerner/Catails for my doctors to have access to? Even better.
OH snap!

I can only imagine the pain you're going though.

I just finished watching season 3 of Shameless and reading your first too paragraphs unfortunately came across the main character's constant schemes to get more alcohol or medicated with street drugs. If you'e seen the show you'd understand - so if you haven't I sincerely HOPE you do NOT take offence to this.

Prior to iOS 17 have you not been able to record voice notes to send with data to your doctor(s)? No 3rd party apps that facilitate what you've been needing?

RobinNL

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
World
Jokes aside it definitely should be. I don’t want to get too off topic but there are times where Im felling like this 24/7 and I don’t know why. Maybe logging could help people discover patterns for these things. I could see a chart being helpful to have a better picture.
My app is among the sherlocked (Luci - Inner Me). But I knew from the start that I'd need to offer users the ability to track custom emotions + activities. Apple does not seem to do this? :O

If so this is probably due to ML training, but it's crucial if you want to send your mood reports to a doctor.

Nick on the Baltic

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2023
Jokes aside it definitely should be. I don’t want to get too off topic but there are times where Im felling like this 24/7 and I don’t know why. Maybe logging could help people discover patterns for these things. I could see a chart being helpful to have a better picture.
That's just being a teenager. No worries, it'll pass

Reactions: NightFox
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.