Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm with Orange, I'm wondering if I use MyWi, will Orange charge me for data? I would pay for tethering (bundle) but they don't offer this bundle/package at the moment, and I don't want to be charged £3 per MB with orange's normal rate!

Or does MyWi bypass all that network charging?

Thanks ;)

Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I'm with Orange, I'm wondering if I use MyWi, will Orange charge me for data? I would pay for tethering (bundle) but they don't offer this bundle/package at the moment, and I don't want to be charged £3 per MB with orange's normal rate!

Or does MyWi bypass all that network charging?

Thanks ;)

Nothing will by pass the network charging. They will always know but it's more of a matter if they will bother to check.

Comment

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Just to update, ORANGE do tethering included in a personal contract. I have just changed my £41 monthly charge to 600 mins, unlimited texts, and 1GB internet a month, that includes tethering. You do NOT need a business account.

Comment

Fuzzy.Dunlop

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
London
Why not go with three, I get 2000 minutes, 5000 texts, 5000 three to three minutes and totally unlimited data with tethering (one plan)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.