" you cannot use apple id which you are not in"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h8stupidity, Dec 11, 2015.

1. h8stupidity macrumors newbie

h8stupidity

I waited like 20 min for that??????

Apple support team is like a full of sh**.....

I'm a DOD personnel who works at OCONUS and I worked in R.O.K for 5 years and had no problem at all for downloading and purchasing Apps, shows and music with my US apple ID and vice versa,

and this afternoon I had problem with log in to my apple id so I called Apple support team,

Now so called "senior Supervisor" is saying it is locked because i'm not in United states!

WTF is that???????

I know like 1000 soldiers and civilians in ROK whose are using their US apple IDs and perfectly fine with it....

I might change to Android support devices Thanks to this dickhead.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

For this you created an account? Yes. I think Android is definitely your best route.

3. h8stupidity, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015

h8stupidity thread starter macrumors newbie

h8stupidity

what? newbies can't complain?

what a logic....

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Nowhere was it stated a "newbie" couldn't complain. I couldn't find a question in your post so I'm not sure what you're trying to get from your rant.

Your best course of action was to contact Apple, which you already stated you did.

Have you tried using a VPN connection to a US-based connection to see if you get the same error?

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Newbies can complain. It just doesn't give the rest of the community the best introduction to you. As @timeconsumer said, questions are better to start with. Even answers. Complaints are just viewed as trolling.

6. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

This is correct, I immediately had a negative opinion of the OP and thought it was possibly trolling, but considering the OP is new I decided it was probably just somebody who is upset and searching for an answer.

To keep this on track, OP if you are able to, please try using a VPN connection to the US to see if you get the same issue. Hopefully this helps.

7. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

So.. does it mean, if im abroad and my phone is asking me to sign in, im locked and cant sign in before im back to my country?? That wouldnt be fun, especially now when ios is asking to sign in all the time...

Im glad he told it. I didnt know that there might be a problem to sign back to your account in a different country.