You can't get a better deal, period.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plarusa, Sep 10, 2008.

1. plarusa macrumors member

I am firmly in the Mac camp now, and has been for quite some time with a 17" MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5. There is nothing like it, I swear. Open the lid, and be surfing the web within 10 seconds, no fuss. Or fire up iTune and listen to internet radio, or purchase and listen to songs all night long. Have to run Windows? no problems, do it seamlessly with VMWare fusion. Same deal if you want to run Linux, or whatever. The full power of Unix and X Windows is there too, should you need that. Or may be you just want to learn Cocoa with Objective C and XCode. You name it, and you can find it. I have never been this pleased with a computer before. And when coupled with an iPhone, well...

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Does Mac OS 11.5 come with a time machine and the ability to travel back in time to talk to those who can only run 10.5?

All kidding aside, I say right on!

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yay someone's actually posted that their happy with their Mac experience

Just one thing MAC is short for Media Access Control ( MAC address ) Mac is short for Macintosh

oh & what's with 11.5 ?

4. plarusa thread starter macrumors member

10.5, not 11.5 (typo).

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Thought as much, anyways glad you took the time to post about your happy Mac experience, makes a welcome read

6. MacNichi macrumors newbie

MacNichi

so jealous...

I WILL be you in about 4 weeks or so. i'll be leaving love posts declaring my awe and devotion to the apple macbook white (pimped out) or the new updated one... I'm just saying... totally jealous... wish I were you, but me... :D

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Mac and long may you continue to do so. I'm in the same chuffed boat, and delighted I switched. Anyway, it's really nice to see Mac users for whom the whole experience has gone well.
    Cheers and good luck

8. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

My Mac is brilliant as well! I just love the thing. All the UNIXy goodness I desire for scientific computing coupled with the nice UI and various proprietary software that I either need or want....it just can't be beat (in my mind). Whatever premium one may or may not pay on hardware is worth it IMO. I moved to a Mac from an old Dell running Fedora...god I love this machine. Apple has made a customer for life from me.

There. Another "I'm happy with my Mac story."

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

10. macanudo macrumors regular

macanudo

11. CBear macrumors newbie