"You can't restore this backup because it was created by a different model of mac"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by melodosgr, Nov 6, 2010.

1. melodosgr macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I know that there is another thread having the same exact title, but seriously, that thread didn't help at all.. I'm just making a second attempt in order to get some hopefully right answers on this issue which is really bothering since i had no problem doing this from my Mac Mini over to Macbook and it just came up today :S

Most times, i was just able to use my Mac Mini back up to set as a restore point for my Macbook, but today i got the "You can't restore this backup because it was created by a different model of mac" Prompt. It's really lame and i'm trying to find alternatives.. I used Superduper! which seems kinda time consuming procedure, as i will have to wait till it's finished and then use that image on my Macbook which eventually might end up as a dodgy solution? I mean there is a reason that there is a different DVD shipped with Apple products and im kinda feeling lucking in performance on my Macbook Pro now...

Is there any other way i could possibly trick the timemachine back up to work on my Macbook as it previously did? This is ludicrous and i'm really frustrated..

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

You did this before and everything went fine and now it just won't work? and these are EXACTLY the same 2 computer as before, no hardware changes?

Sure fire answer, call Apple, give them the serial number of the macbook and ask for replacement discs.

3. melodosgr thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly.. It doesn't make sense..

4. melodosgr thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?? Am i the only one that has this problem in the whole planet??