Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobodyjustwalks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Curious if anyone else has seen this and thoughts about Appleʻs purpose.

I was in the App Store under the "Purchases" tab and I saw that there was a prompt for me to "Accept" the iLife suite so that it could be assigned to my Apple ID, and so that I could receive future updates? Says a "unique hardware identifier from your computer must be sent to Apple to verify eligibility."

I already have all the iLife apps on my computer and have had them for years. Why the need to do all this new verification?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 359

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
Curious if anyone else has seen this and thoughts about Appleʻs purpose.

I was in the App Store under the "Purchases" tab and I saw that there was a prompt for me to "Accept" the iLife suite so that it could be assigned to my Apple ID, and so that I could receive future updates? Says a "unique hardware identifier from your computer must be sent to Apple to verify eligibility."

I already have all the iLife apps on my computer and have had them for years. Why the need to do all this new verification?

me two, iMovie and iPhoto are stuck there, as whenever i ACCEPT it rightly realises that the two apps are already assigned to my ID. so they both just sit there.

nobodyjustwalks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
me two, iMovie and iPhoto are stuck there, as whenever i ACCEPT it rightly realises that the two apps are already assigned to my ID. so they both just sit there.

Same for me. Guess itʻs a bug. I "accept" all the apps and it tells me that theyʻve already been assigned to me. Hopefully the prompt simply disappears one day.

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
I pressed accept a bunch of times. Restarted computer and the apps were available on the updates tab. It worked eventually.

Abba1

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
I pressed accept a bunch of times. Restarted computer and the apps were available on the updates tab. It worked eventually.

They were available on the updates tab right away. But, on the Purchases tab, I kept on being asked to accept the new apps, and was then told I already had them. But, they were still asking me to accept them. I signed out of the App Store and signed in again, it remained the same. I shut down my Mac and restarted, it remained the same. So, it's still a problem for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.