You Have 6 Apps to Accept > In App Store Post Yosemite Update

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by nobodyjustwalks, Oct 18, 2014.

1. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

Curious if anyone else has seen this and thoughts about Appleʻs purpose.

I was in the App Store under the "Purchases" tab and I saw that there was a prompt for me to "Accept" the iLife suite so that it could be assigned to my Apple ID, and so that I could receive future updates? Says a "unique hardware identifier from your computer must be sent to Apple to verify eligibility."

I already have all the iLife apps on my computer and have had them for years. Why the need to do all this new verification?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      224.1 KB
      Views:
  2. nobodyjustwalks thread starter macrumors regular

3. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

me two, iMovie and iPhoto are stuck there, as whenever i ACCEPT it rightly realises that the two apps are already assigned to my ID. so they both just sit there.

4. nobodyjustwalks thread starter macrumors regular

Same for me. Guess itʻs a bug. I "accept" all the apps and it tells me that theyʻve already been assigned to me. Hopefully the prompt simply disappears one day.

5. Lachhh macrumors regular

Same here. Reported it as a bug quite some time ago, and it's still here with the release build.

6. mactumors macrumors 6502

I pressed accept a bunch of times. Restarted computer and the apps were available on the updates tab. It worked eventually.

7. Abba1 macrumors regular

They were available on the updates tab right away. But, on the Purchases tab, I kept on being asked to accept the new apps, and was then told I already had them. But, they were still asking me to accept them. I signed out of the App Store and signed in again, it remained the same. I shut down my Mac and restarted, it remained the same. So, it's still a problem for me.

8. Jeff Flowerday macrumors regular

I had to clean install 10.10 for them to go away.