Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
When/how exactly are us lowly noobs supposed to earn that privilege ?

I even got locked out of a thread I started when it was shifted to another subforum, getting kinda old.
Is it a matter of time, post count, what ?

• Love
Reactions: George Dawes

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
When/how exactly are us lowly noobs supposed to earn that privilege ?

I even got locked out of a thread I started when it was shifted to another subforum, getting kinda old.
Is it a matter of time, post count, what ?
This article should answer your questions.
I see by your profile that you are up to 98 posts now, so that magic 100 is now within your grasp!

maflynn

Moderator emeritus
May 3, 2009
The thread that you cannot edit was moved to the wasteland. Threads ending up there are typically threads that cause moderators a lot of work, or the topic is such that is just fluff threads that have no redeeming value.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Yep figured as much, wanted to reply not edit and yes I was getting bombed by snarky questions/comments.

I dunno, seemed like a very legit and obvious question to ask and it was fanboys who trashed the thread, not the actual post or me. But hey, I understand it is not democracy in action here and you gotta do what you gotta do.

mastaxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2021
UK
I have this same issue. Joined MacRumours just today to reply to a post i saw in an effort to help others that were experiencing the same problem as me but i can't post a reply to it.

Reactions: devilbond

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I have this same issue. Joined MacRumours just today to reply to a post i saw in an effort to help others that were experiencing the same problem as me but i can't post a reply to it.
Maybe this article is still relevant about minimum numbers of posts for a variety of situations here.

CaptainV

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2021
Maybe this article is still relevant about minimum numbers of posts for a variety of situations here.
The 100 post mark is way to high tbh.

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors G3
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I was on a blog years ago that had a lot of sniping happen, and HUGE epic flame wars were a weekly, if not daily occurance. People would create an account to flame someone, and some people would create tens to hundreds of accounts in a day just to flame people and push their agenda. They instituted a week long 'timeout' after an account was created to stop that, and it did. Also new accounts couldn't reply to certain forums until they had reached a certain number of posts. It's a PITA, but it solved their problems and made the board so much more focused and 'sane'. There have been some threads here that have become heated, making the chances for flame wars and attacks rise. Not that the restrictions on new members stops existing members from flaming recklessly.

But, it's their site, their rules. *shrug*

Reactions: MBAir2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.