You know how people are saying the Note3 is smaller than the 6+? Wrong!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuyAZ, Sep 15, 2014.

1. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Turns out the Note 3 is actually 14% bigger than the iPhone 6+ when comparing length x height x depth. Then take into account the rounded edges vs squared and it's actually an even bigger difference...I think the 6+ will feel noticeably better in the hand.

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

The 6+ is 1/4 inch taller than the note and just about the same width.

3. cymolia, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014

cymolia macrumors 6502a

Dearest Thread Originator,

When my eyes first glanced upon your rather eloquently worded treatise regarding this particular subject, it did not require much time, nay, dare I say it was in fact almost instantaneous that I was able to summarize that your post- though masterfully written with such quality that it may indeed rival the quintessential prose of authors such as Dostoevsky, Baldwin or perhaps even Joyce-was quite prolix; based upon the aforementioned conclusion, I resolved that I would exercise no more of my mental faculties in the act of comprehending the text that you had written. Sincerely, and wholly unequivocally yours, Wierzbowski Post Scriptum, In the future it would be most advantageous, not only for me but also the other members of this forum that you provide a brief summary of your text that emphasizes the more principle points of what you have composed.

4. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, but it's thicker.

Note 3: 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm = 99,392.832

iPhone 6+: 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm = 87,331.278

5. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Yeah, but people usually don't care for the volume totals of phones, mostly about width and height...

6. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

They should though as it makes a difference in how it feels in your hand.

7. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

Yeah, too thin and it feels uncomfortable.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

If you really want to reference volume, how about comparing the size of usable front-facing screen to that of the Note 3, and then subtracting useless bezel space? Note 3 5.7" vs iP6+ at 5.5" to start, then subtract volume for bezels.

I don't like to carry around extra volume that I don't need. That's why I exercise.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

"Principal". You were so close, too. :D

10. guitarevan07 macrumors newbie

haha ouchhhh

11. cleirac macrumors 6502

iP6+ is much lighter. And not a plastic. Apple wins. My piss is better. :p

12. guitarevan07 macrumors newbie

That doesn't make sense. Depth is definitely a huge topic of discussion.

13. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Actually, I just placed a coworkers Note 3 down on a printed template for the iPhone 6+...and they appeared to be exactly the same height & width. If the iP+ is 1/4" taller, I couldn't see it.

14. chrise2 macrumors 6502

You should drop both the Note 3 and the iPhone 6+ into a glass of water and see which one makes the water level go up more. I learned that in science class.

15. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I would drop both off a building rooftop and see which one hit the pavement first...if you have insurance.

16. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

You're right.

Plus the slightly thicker body makes the phone easier and more secure to hold.

Not to mention the smaller lower resolution display that reduces the iPhone's usefulness.

This category is dominated by the highly experienced Samsung. Apple's lucky they could copy Samsung.

17. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

man that was hard to read.

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Volume makes a big difference when putting it in a pocket...not just width and height.

19. guitarevan07 macrumors newbie

The useless features on the Note 3 will absorb most of the water, so this test wont work

20. cleirac macrumors 6502

I am not one of those. It matters much to me - width, weight or total volume. We will see but from initial impressions by the people during the keynote - it sounds like smashing design victory for Apple on insisting such thinness, maintaining that iconic Apple'ish bezel and making it so light as an iPhablet. Personally, I do not want my beautiful iGadget to look like other non-iPhabets.

21. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

The Note 3 has a bigger screen though, so they're unimpressive stats from the iPhone 6.

22. Dreday24 macrumors regular

really doesn't matter because the note 4 is coming to come out and wipe the floor with both of them.

23. wratran macrumors regular

Apple fanboy will do anything to justified a phone that is 2 yr behind most android device

6plus bigger phone smaller screen...lower res than note

24. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Who actually takes DEPTH into account? Unless the thicknesses are significanlty different (they are not), it's not really a measurment that matters.

25. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Accept go to an Android focused website to do it. Secondly the Galaxy Note recent got chamfered edges and a metal backing that Apple had two years ago. Most of the galaxy features with the exception of the pen were rumors from here and appleinsider for years before Samsung tried to rush to market (with half baked solutions).