You know it was a good upgrade when...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iViking, Jun 12, 2009.

1. iViking macrumors 6502

The value of your six-month old Macbook with backlit keyboard, ($1520), just crashed through the floor and you can't even unload it for $1100.

That's the fastest value drop I've witnessed in twelve years of owning Macs, and it's due mainly to the huge upgrade/price drop we just saw.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

That computer was a terrible value even when brand-new, so frankly it's not surprising at all to me. The previous market price was artificially high.

3. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

If you were looking to make money, you shouldn't have invested in a computer at all.

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Or banks. :D

5. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks but you missed the point of my post.

The point is that Macs have great resale value--that is still true--so the fact that the value of my six month old Macbook fell so instantly testifies to how good their recent offerings are.

(The other guy had a good point, too, in that I may have paid too much for this particular model to begin with.)

6. sm0 macrumors regular

True but alot less so nowadays. Even here in NZ, <2 year old white/blackbooks for for dirt cheap resale prob around a third of their rrp.

Back in the day pre-intel days, thats where you can say macs held their value...

^ He does make a valid point. My rule is the resale value of any technology halves the second I buy it, anything more I get on sale is a bonus.

Deal with it and move on.

7. qpid macrumors regular

Hey people complained that apple needed to update more often, so this happens