You know what??... I'm glad I didn't wait to buy!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by buyusfear, Aug 19, 2008.

1. buyusfear macrumors 6502

Seriously, just thought i'd post a positive thread about the MBP. I want to convocate in April 2009, so I needed to do classes over the summer, and because they are such long, condensed lectures, I knew that I wanted a notebook (seriously when do you not want one). But I saw it as a great excuse.
    So, I came here, to the macrumors forum, and read around to see what to do, just incase something was just around the corner, and many people said wait, many said buy now. Understandable.

Well, another understandable thing is that i've had a MBP by my side (or in fornt of me) helping enjoy whatever little I can out of this summer couped up in a lecture hall, for 4 months now.

And week after week, I lost count of how many threads I saw saying, wait or buy now? Should I get one now or when I go to school in the fall?, what about the upgrade? new case redesig> urghhh????, etc etc etc....

The MBP is an amazing machine, and will be for a long time to come. I'm writing my LAST FINAL EXAM of the Summer semester tommorow and it has served me well, and i've barely put 46 cycles on it.

And all I can really say is that I AM HAPPY I BOUGHT WHEN I NEEDED TOO

And a picture of my duo, because pictures make threads funner to view...
    [​IMG]

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

3. eddieiseddie macrumors member

eddieiseddie

how come the external displays don't show the dock or task bar?:confused:

4. buyusfear thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

Unless I close the lid on the MBP the external display is just that, extra realestate. And same thing goes for the iMac's 2nd display.

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

they come standard like this... you can put things in the screen to view like movies etc... you actually have to make the screens mirror themselves if you prefer that style