You know what would be perfect for the new firmware...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsmumbo, Jun 18, 2009.

1. gsmumbo macrumors regular

gsmumbo

The ability to hide apps. Wtih 3.0, you can now install more apps than fit on pages. They disappear and you launch them with spotlight. I think that's awesome, and you can make apps disappear that way, but wouldn't it be great to flat out be able to pick what apps to hide? With push now being active, programs like aremysitesup and weather alert serve as almost pure push apps. they are there to let you know if something happens, otherwise you never use them. doesn't it make sense to hide them? 4.0.... :D

2. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

3. gsmumbo thread starter macrumors regular

gsmumbo

Well yeah, but I'm saying it would be smart if Apple actually included this in the OS. With jailbreak half the time when you hide icons, they completely disappear if you restore or update, etc. You have to unhide all your apps every time you update or restore.

4. michael31986 macrumors 68040

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

That's What I do. Page 5 on my iPhone is the "Junk Page". That's where I put the Apple Apps that are duplicated by a better 3rd Party App and useless Apps, such as the contacts App (since the contacts are built into the phone App)

6. Switz213 macrumors 6502

No you don't. Just turn on restrictions... Then turn it off immediately. All of your hidden jailbroken apps with show up.

7. linuxidiot macrumors member

Oh wow, that also made my hidden app store apps re-appear. glad I read this thread! LOL

*usually forgets to un-hide apps before updating firmware*

8. jontucker macrumors 6502

What you're talking about isn't called 'Firmware'.