Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
This may not be the most ethical thing to do but I don't see why it wouldn't work: Buy a square trade warranty now and once the 30 days are up report the claim and say it just happened.

(Disclaimer for the interwebz police): No bashing me here as it's just something I thought of, I'm not suggesting either the original poster or anybody else would or should do this. :D

cdesigns

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
This may not be the most ethical thing to do but I don't see why it wouldn't work: Buy a square trade warranty now and once the 30 days are up report the claim and say it just happened.

(Disclaimer for the interwebz police): No bashing me here as it's just something I thought of, I'm not suggesting either the original poster or anybody else would or should do this. :D

Ehhhhh hummmmm this is so funny ^^^^^ :eek: telling a cop to scam a company, not bright at all.

Lakeland*won

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
no scams for me....just going to lay it at the feet of the Apple gods and hope they are in a good mood.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
We should take up an offering. My wife and I try to anonymously pick up the tab for any LEO's we see dining in the same place as us. We greatly appreciate the service those in uniform provide to all of us. I see this as an extension of that.

If we can verify your service, I will put up $50 towards a new iPad if others would be willing to contribute as well.
Anyone else with me?

hamlinspahn

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Oklahoma City
Wow

I read this yesterday and really thought you were f'd. I just bet the guy at Apple did it to reward your service, I doubt they would have done it form me, but then again I'm not willing to take a bullet for a stranger like you are. Congrats.

Thank you for your service to your community and enjoy.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Holy f%^% bravo! I know of no company that would do such a thing. Enjoy having your ipad back. Proof that everything deserves a second chance.

nazuk

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2007
England, UK
Happy ending..

Nice to hear such a great happy ending to your situation.

However, I have a feeling, this thread will be quoted everytime someone else experiences something similar...that Apple replaced yours, why not theirs?

Anyway, the main thing is that there's a nice ending to it, enjoy it and please do look after it, otherwise the Macrumors Police Dept will come and get you!!

/we have our own laws on here you know :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.