You know you need a new ringtone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Sep 24, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

when your iPhone rings and four other iPhone owners on the train reach for their iPhones b/c they have the same ringtone! Has this happened to you recently? :p

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

no, because the phone is either;
    1. On silent/vibrate
    2. ringer volume is low and i feel the vibrate
    3. custom ringtones for my top 10 callers and the default is an old skool ring ring (from a landline)

Though as a cruel bastage I will switch to the default ring tone and see how many id 10 Ts reach for their phone in restaurants/malls/stores

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I say get all the default ringtones for Motorola, Nokia, etc, phones and just switch them up every week ;)

4. iphonecode macrumors member

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Two of my teachers have iPhones, all have Marimba. Whenever their phones ring, I check my pocket:eek:

6. redman042 macrumors 68020

My wife and I recently bought iPhones for both of us, and my mother in law was staying with us and she had a new iPhone as well. So imagine three iPhones sitting on the kitchen counter, all with Strum as the ringtone, and lots of calls coming into each phone all day long since we just had a baby every family and friend is calling. Total confusion.

Then we started changing our ringtones to fix the situation, but we were forgetting which phone had which tone.

Mother in law is gone now, and I started making custom tones, so the situation has improved. Thank god.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I turned a bunch of Garage Band and Soundtrack Pro loops into ringtones.

Nearly everyone in my Address Book have their own unique ring, and my 'default' ring is also something I added.

So I have never been confused by anyone else's phone!

8. Rigsby macrumors regular

Are you never confused by your own ring tone? You either have a very small address book or you must forget some of the tones are your phone.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, not every single person has their own tone, but yeah, there's about 50 unique rings on my phone.

I dunno, I just know them all. I can't always remember WHO is calling me based on the sound, but I certainly know all 50 songs and know that it's my phone when I hear one of them.

But I'm a video editor. It's my job to keep track of dozens of different types of media in my head and remember what's what.