Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael13

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Rockland County NY
for every app I try to update, I get a message saying that I have to connect to itunes to download the application. This does not happen sometimes, but it happens all of the time. I have an iPhone 3G. If you are having this issue as well and know how to fix it please help me out. I have not restored my phone yet but I will do that once I get home. The apps download fine initially, However I have not been able to update any of them due to this problem.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I've had it before and ended up rebooting the phone and it seemed to fix it.

Once when it happened I was able to get it to work by trying to download it over and over. It is some sort of network issue where it is not able to verify that you are who you say you are.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

need to be logged into iTunes when you sync. The iPhone doesn't have your account info.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
for every app I try to update, I get a message saying that I have to connect to itunes to download the application. This does not happen sometimes, but it happens all of the time. I have an iPhone 3G. If you are having this issue as well and know how to fix it please help me out. I have not restored my phone yet but I will do that once I get home. The apps download fine initially, However I have not been able to update any of them due to this problem.

Apps that are above 10mb must be downloaded from the desktop client of iTunes.

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
I get this problem, but in my case, It's because I use 2 different iTunes accounts. a US account, and a German account. (since I only have a german credit card :rolleyes:)

I usually wait to update my paid apps (beejiveIM, Enigmo, etc...) on my pc, then sync it when I attach my ipod later that day. I use my US account to download everything else on the go.

If I leave my ipod synced with my US account, and try to update a paid app..guess what... ACCESS DENIED! (doesn't actually say that, but sure feels like it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.