You only wish you were this good.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
You know, we focus so much on what kids can't do -- test scores, crime rates, whatever ... but what kids can do, given the proper motivation, is pretty remarkable.

Good for this kid, so long as he can hang on to a hope.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I dont really get it, I mean im sure the kid has skills, but its not like he's using these moves to blow by guys, basically he deeks them out, but it does him no good. Big deal. Not tryin to be a hater, I just never thought street ballin was very impressive.

XNine

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Koodauw said:
I dont really get it, I mean im sure the kid has skills, but its not like he's using these moves to blow by guys, basically he deeks them out, but it does him no good. Big deal. Not tryin to be a hater, I just never thought street ballin was very impressive.
Really? There were several scenes in that video where he owned guys. They didn't even see it was coming and they were twice his size. I haven't seen anyone else, especially at that age with that kind of skill.

jamone80

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
So Cal
Koodauw said:
Not tryin to be a hater, I just never thought street ballin was very impressive.
I hear ya. But the thing is, streetball is very different from NBA. streetball is all about improvisation, style and respect. thats why the 'one-on-one' makes the game. thats what the crowds come to watch. and when a kid that size can cross-over a guy whose a foot taller than he is, you gotta give him some respect.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
Meh! He looks good but I now you're not allowed to 'travel' with the ball, plus are you allowed to kick a basketball? (I don't play or watch basketball, but we used to play it in school P.E. lessons, so I don't know all the rules of the game.)

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Onizuka said:
Really? There were several scenes in that video where he owned guys. They didn't even see it was coming and they were twice his size. I haven't seen anyone else, especially at that age with that kind of skill.
Hmmm....
Actually, playing against people bigger than you is sometimes an advantage.