You think Apple would be smart enough...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mystikal, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that when there's nothing on screen, and you shake the phone, it says "Nothing to undo?" Every time I send a text and put my phone in my pocket (when I don't lock it), I have to hit cancel before I type again. Personally, its annoying. Apple should be smart enough to have that message not pop up...

2. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Your phone must be really sensitive somehow if that comes up just putting it in your pocket. I never get that unless I purposely shake it a few times. I guess an option to disable it would be nice though.

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Only happens rarely to me. But I do agree, it is completely unnecessary...

4. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Weird I never thought about it. My phone does seem to pop it up way too much.

5. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I noticed the same thing but I didn't realize until now that it was because of "shaking" the phone, I thought I had touched, rubbed something inadvertently. Yeah, it's annoying.

6. lrdiaz macrumors member

Yeah! Since you consider yourself smarter than Apple, what is the name of the company you started and is succefull.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    "Apple" isn't the name of the person that started the company... :rolleyes: Please be a little bit more thoughtful and a little bit less of a troll when you start to speak. He is merely saying that some "individual" working WITHIN the company of Apple made a poor choice when deciding to have that popup when there was nothing to undo. It's just inconvenient and wasn't thought out properly.

8. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I turned off Shake to Shuffle because every time I hit a hard bump in my truck it would shake to shuffle the net song...LOL

I turned it off and really do not miss that feature when I am using it as an iPod...

9. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I don't get this problem. Maybe yours is just too sensitive.

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I get this even when I walk. Didn't even know you could turn it off - thanks.

11. tigertazz macrumors 6502

tigertazz

I do have a couple of things on this one.

1) Am I the only person who locks their iPhone when they put it in their pocket to prevent inadvertant key presses and shuffles.

2) the shake to shuffle is only active when the ipod controls are displayed and so i really dont have the issue with pocket shuffle or bump and shuffle ;)

It does sound like there are a few sensitvity issues out there as you really have to shake my iPhone to get the "undo" or "shake to shuffle feature" and i think i've only ever seen it twice (by mistake)

12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

+1
    I never put my phone in my pocket without locking, I don't want to accidentally type or send anything, and if I leave it unlocked for a while, it will drain the battery. OP, maybe you should consider locking it more often

13. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, no you are not.

14. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) You may have a sensitive accelerometer
    2) Turn off or lock your phone before putting into a pocket. You donts want your junk to send inadvertent/inappropriate texts or make obscene phone calls