You think that memory's work's with MBP 13" 2009 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by curtido, Jan 4, 2010.

1. curtido macrumors member

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Welcome.

I would not buy that RAM, as the seller can't decide what kind of RAM he sells.

Product Description _ AUM DDR2 PC 6400U 2GB 800Mhz SODIMM (Laptop) RAM
    Storage Capacity _ 2GB x 2 = 4GB
    Technology _ DDRIII DRAM
    Form Factor _ SODIMM
    Memory Speed _ 1333 MHz (PC- 10660U)
    Dimm Type _ Unbuffered DIMM
    ECC Support _ Non ECC
    Pin Count _ 204
    Voltage _ 1.5V
    Warranty
    Limited Lifetime Warranty

AUM DDR3 PC 10660U 4GB (2GBx2) 1333Mhz SODIMM - DDR3 PC10660U 4GB (2GBx2) 1333Mhz Laptop RAM

Is it DDR2 (II) or DDR3 (III) RAM, has it 800MHz or 1333MHz or even 1066MHz?

You need 204pin 1066 MHz PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM.

Look at Newegg.com or Macmall.com or many others.

Have a look at MRoogle about many, many of the same threads as this.

PS: As I'm the spelling and grammar nazi: memory and not memory's (= "memory is" and not not memories), works and not work's (= "work is")

3. curtido thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for my bad English, I am Portuguese ;)
    Hmm I think his wrong in description, he was 100% feedback..I am interested because the price, Newegg is very good but don't ship to Portugal :x

Regards

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't blame you for not spelling properly. I'm no native English speaker myself, but sometimes I have this urge to correct.
    Was not meant to offend you in any way.

Sorry but I can't help you decide with this seller.

Maybe contact the seller and ask for the specific details and point out that there are some contradicting elements in the seller's description.

5. curtido thread starter macrumors member

Hey no problem :) and thanks for help me !
    Hmm ok I will contact ! but the 1333Mhz was a problem or not ?

Thanks
    Regards

6. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

if it is ddr3 PC1066 (1333 Mhz), it should not be an issue. The ram should run at the slower 1066 Mhz speed, but you should definitely contact the seller before buying

7. curtido thread starter macrumors member

Hmm ok but this description what means ? :

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

ECC:

RAM with ECC or Error Correction Code can detect and correct errors. As with parity RAM, additional information needs to be stored and more processing needs to be done, making ECC RAM more expensive and a little slower than non-parity and parity RAM. This type of ECC memory is especially useful for any application where uptime is a concern. Failing bits in a memory word are detected and corrected on the fly with no impact to the application. The occurrence of the error is typically logged by the operating system for analysis by a technical resource. In the case where the error is persistent, server downtime can be scheduled to replace the failing memory unit. This mechanism of detection and correction is known as EEC or Extended Error Correction.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM_parity

ECC RAM is mostly used in critical hardware and servers and higher grade desktop computers.
    So if the RAM has no ECC it will also be fine, I don't even know if the MBPs can work with ECC RAM.