You Think They've Fixed the Yellow Screen Issue Now? iPhone 3Gs screen updated?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadMacxxx, Jun 9, 2009.

1. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Do you think are we still going to see the yellow tinted screen issues with the new 3GS?

2. JDee macrumors 6502a

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There were 2 things with the iPhone 3G:

1) They warmed the color temperature of the displays compared to the original iPhones. Apple said the original was too blue. This upset some people who liked the original, but it's not gonna change. It'll be the same color on the 3GS as it was on the 3G phones.

2) At the same time there was a factory problem where some sreens (a small number) were actually pretty yellow. In those cases Apple would exchange the phone. That issue was fixed and I haven't heard of anyone getting a new phone with that problem in a long time.

Due to both things happening at the same time, people got confused when talking about them. It's still kind of confusing. I don't know which issue the OP is talking about, actually!

4. MadMacxxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Im talking about the ones that are pretty yellow/defective. For example, when I did a side by side comparison of my much older iphone 3G to my mom's newer and near end of life cycle iphone 3G, you can clearly see how much deeper her blacks are and how yellow my screen was comparing to hers. Brightness all the way up, auto diming turned off.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

As far as I know, they've fixed that, but I doubt anyone can say for sure until millions of 3GS phones get sold next week.

Probably just have to wait and see.