You think we'll see a screen res bump?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Apr 7, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

seems like they are ordering higher quality cameras, what you think about higher res lcd's or some other extreme makeover (since the original and 3G are essentially the same minus gps, 3g, speaker moderate bump and back)

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Doubt it.

The DPI is really good enough. If they make it bigger (or some other device that's bigger) then I could see a bigger pixel count, but if the iPhone is the same size it just causes more problems without really improving anything for the user.

3. abarna21 macrumors regular

4. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Nah, I don't think so. It's pretty high-res as it is now...

5. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

I really hope so, although there's all this fuss about higher quality cameras, video capture etc, this is really the only thing i want.

Although the screen is pretty high res as it is already, there are handsets out there now with higher res screens, the BB Bold for one, and they look much much better then the iPhones in comparison

6. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I think we will. The BB Bold has a better resolution event though it has a smaller screen.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I doubt it, but I hope so. My two year old Sharp handset had a VGA (640x480) display despite being only 2.5" and it looked much better than the iPhone. The problem is apps - devs have been designing apps to fit a 480x320 screen and those apps might not look very good scaled. But who knows - I hope the 32GB/Pro model, if there is one, has a higher resolution screen!

8. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

It has been rumored and i would like to see it but im not sure. To be honest id like a higher res and a bigger screen, and make it a few mm thicker if it means more battery life.

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Nah, they would have to have two sets of UI for older gen iphones and new ones, or just stretch the UI which would be lame to fit a higher res screen.

I can see a possibility of it having the ability to output a higher res for movies or pictures to an external display, but the display itself I can't see happening.

10. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

It better.
    Anyone who says it doesnt need to be improved has never seen any other screen. you can tell the difference between the iPhone screen and other phones.
    Having the same res for two years is just sad.

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Increasing the resolution, would only be good, if they keep the aspect ratio the same as it is now.
    This way, it would be no problem for existing apps on a higher res screen.