you tube application

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tritron, Dec 11, 2014.

1. tritron macrumors regular

So mine youtube application sees to be acting strange, it stops playing and when I play with progress bar it starts again. Is there fault with youtube application on iphone 6 plus or verizon is throttling youtube ? Netflix and plex works fine.

2. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

Have you tried reinstalling the application?

3. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If you read the reviews in the App Store, lots of people are reporting the same problems with the latest version of the App. Use the website via Safari until Google bring out an update.

5. Gmcube, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

Gmcube macrumors regular

Yeah, the official app sucks. I tried a third party one today on a whim and while not perfect, the seeking actually works and it plays videos in the background (well its audio I mean). Not to mention it shows your subscriptions every time and not recommendations by default. The app is called Tubex. My only real complaint so far with this is that your subs wont go back as far as Id like.

But give it a try see if you like it.

6. gohoomoa macrumors newbie

gohoomoa

+1 for Tubex, my only complaint is i wish they offer paid version to get rid of the ads

7. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Try ProTube.

8. Bahroo macrumors 68000

I wonder if they will bring the Material Design to Youtube and Google Plus on iOS

9. Whtchdr macrumors member

Considering they just updated the Google search app to reflect Material Design, I'd say yes.

10. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

you tube application

Wow Tubex is great. Just tried it and I'm amazed. Lol. The official app had me a little worried of the IPhone 6 plus hardware coming from an android device. Videos kept buffering and barely were viewable in 1080p. After trying YouTube with safari I realized that it was the app not the phone, unfortunately with safari videos kept crashing. YouTube with the Chrome browsers was good, but you can not create a home screen shortcut for easy access. So finally I'm happy. Thank you.

11. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Or reinstall the old version from a backup.