you tube, my space

sgtjivanelli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Any one have any idea why the audio on YouTube and MySpace (and other embedded video sites) wouldn't work? The volume on my macbook is fine - I can play music and videos on it with no problem, and all the error message sounds work, but when I play a YouTube or GoogleVideo video, no sound -- and the message on the bottom of the screen says something like "waiting for xxx to respond..."

Any clues???

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
sgtjivanelli said:
Any one have any idea why the audio on YouTube and MySpace (and other embedded video sites) wouldn't work? The volume on my macbook is fine - I can play music and videos on it with no problem, and all the error message sounds work, but when I play a YouTube or GoogleVideo video, no sound -- and the message on the bottom of the screen says something like "waiting for xxx to respond..."

Any clues???
I would go with YouTube and Myspace being *****! :D

L

Lau

sgtjivanelli said:

Any clues???
Do you have Little Snitch installed? If you've said "Deny connection to xxxx" in the past it could be still blocking it. (If you don't have it installed or know what it is, ignore this post ;) )

kalun

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
I am not sure if this is intended but I found the title of this thread rather funny.

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
these sites use Flash to play sound, and once upon a time for like 2 months ago I was in panic since no flash would play music then I opened MPlayerOX and realized that the volume in that program was set to mute and I just put it back to normal and all the flashes was making sounds again! :D

I hope it is just something like that for you too! :)