You Tube question?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by trek1500, Aug 7, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

I've uploaded some videos to You Tube and set them to private. Now I just want to clarify something...for friends who want to view my "private" videos do I just send an "invite" to their email address and they basically have to accept it to view? Or do they have to have a You Tube account?

When I was trying to set up my contact list for people to view, when reading the You Tube instructions, it wasn't too clear as to how to get people into my contact list. When I "added them as friends" it automatically sent them an invite..I guess they need to click "accept" for them to appear in my contact list right? At that point they should be able to view I guess. i just wasn't "clear" as to whether or not they had to have a You Tube account.

2. kewpalace macrumors newbie

I believe that whey they "accept" the invitation, they have to sign up with YouTube.

3. ajcfreak macrumors newbie

ajcfreak

Yes. When they accept the invite, they'd be asked to login to YouTube with their account.

I believe that you can only authorise existing YouTube accounts to view your private videos.