You Tube Question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by trek1500, Aug 7, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

I've uploaded some videos to You Tube and set them to private. Now I just want to clarify something...for friends who want to view my "private" videos do I just send an "invite" to their email address and they basically have to accept it to view? Or do they have to have a You Tube account?

When I was trying to set up my contact list for people to view, when reading the You Tube instructions, it wasn't too clear as to how to get people into my contact list. When I "added them as friends" it automatically sent them an invite..I guess they need to click "accept" for them to appear in my contact list right? At that point they should be able to view I guess. i just wasn't "clear" as to whether or not they had to have a You Tube account.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Your private video should have a special URL that you can send to people, that includes a code to allow them to view it. Or they can open it by entering their email address.

TEG

3. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

It doesn't work for me, I sent a link of one of my private videos to my friend, and I already got him on Youtube, then I sent the link to him and he said he couldn't watch it because of privacy settings, even if I invite him to watch it, it doesn't work... :confused: