You tube shuts down my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chris2pher, Nov 17, 2011.

1. chris2pher macrumors newbie

Can anyone help when I go to you tube My mac shuts down and reboots I some of what it caised please help. I took it to the mac store even though it is from 2006 runs ok just shuts down on you tube they said at the mac store all was ok ran all the test I updated my flash and what else do i need to do ? someone told me it might be the ram?

here is some of what was found

11/17/11 4:46:05 PM com.apple.launchctl.Aqua[88] launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init_per_user.d/com.adobe.SwitchBoard.monitor.plist

11/17/11 4:46:05 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[86] (com.apple.ReportCrash) Falling back to default Mach exception handler. Could not find: com.apple.ReportCrash.Self

11/17/11 4:46:06 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[86] (com.apple.Kerberos.renew.plist[108]) Exited with exit code: 1

11/17/11 4:46:06 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[86] (0x301d10.mach_init.switchboard.sh) Failed to check-in!

11/17/11 4:46:08 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[86] (com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert-blx778@me.com-SharedServices[112]) Exited with exit code: 1

11/17/11 4:51:22 PM com.apple.WindowServer[66] Thu Nov 17 16:51:22 MacBook-Pro-15.local WindowServer[66] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

This part of the logs is not useful.

Does your machine actually power off, or does it freeze, and you're forced to power it off?

If it powers off, check /var/log/kernel.log for the Previous Shutdown Cause. What's the code that it spits out?

I've attached a double-clickable script that I've been working on for a while. As bundled here, it should work on 10.6 and later. If there's anything useful in your logs, hopefully this will find it (including shutdown causes). Currently, it doesn't check crash logs, but it will show you info from kernel panic logs. Don't panic at all the things it finds--every machine has errors. It's only intended to give you a direction to look. If you can't make out what it's telling you, print the terminal window to PDF and post the PDF on here. (It may not find the necessary info--it's not perfect.)

For anyone else who cares, the source code is here: https://github.com/whschultz/Diag

Attached Files: