You want All Pics to Cloud to All Devices ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Jun 6, 2011.

1. OSMac, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

OSMac macrumors 65816

Why would I want all my pics taken to automatically
    move to the cloud then automatically download to all devices.

I'd have to delete 70 out of 100 bad pics now on every device
    storage would be wasted on devices where I dont want all pics?

2. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Well... I assume they're synced when you delete them too.

As far as storage goes, isn't the idea of the stream that they aren't stored, just cached temporarily unless you choose to keep them?

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm a bit confused about this.

I come home from Holiday and upload 500 12MP pics to my iMac, which then uses up all the free space on my iPhone and iPad.

4. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

The general idea of the cloud is that things aren't stored on the device. I think when Apple says all devices are "synced", it means linked to the data so it's accessible to all devices. If you are in fact downloading it to each device, then it's actually not "in the cloud" after all.

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

did you see the conference? they clearly showed that icloud allows you to sync your data (music, pics, etc) to your devices. yes, that means download.

to answer the earlier questions, you can designate what things you want to sync to which device. it would hardly be very useful if you could not choose what to sync.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Hardly need to worry about that... Apple will probably choose for you.

7. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Ewww, low blow. Truth tho.. I think I'll be getting the latest model mac available "pre-lion"... before the Apples are all rotten. That should get me through the next five or six years until they realize that most folks want a pc to work on and a web/media tablet to play on. Not another all in one, it doesn't work for me when the OS has to be dumbed down even more.

8. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

that would be a bad...no, a stupid idea.

let's say you have only 1GB of free space on your ipad and you've upload over 1GB of assorted data to icloud. which takes precedence in the download?

you really think you want apple to decide for you? especially on a capped data plan?

9. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

What keynote did you see because I thought the Lion updates offered a ton of features to make "real computing" more efficient.

10. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I think we will have to wait for more info before asking questions like this. I'm sure Apple already have thought about it and implemented something.

11. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Really it's not the keynote I base my outlook on, just that already in OS X there is a lot that Apple has decided that you should not have control over that seems ridiculous to me, and something stupid like which files get synced to the cloud and which remain written solely on a mac hdd should remain in complete control of the mac user, imo. Similar to the iDisk. I can live with that, what I say goes to network storage goes and nothing else. I am not at the end of the pc era, and I hope that Apple is only making a temporary lapse in judgement. I do not ever want all my data on a networked cloud without physical hdd for backup and instant access when, yes, the network is down or compromised.. "security" or not, are you kidding me??