All iPads You Wanted The Larger Screen But Bought The Mini Instead?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleRobert, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Because of the weight and portability I know the Mini won out for lots of folks regardless of not having a retina display. But how about now since the Air is thinner and lighter and you really wanted the bigger screen as well to begin with?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's a tough choice. I am in the Mini 1 crowd that preferred size over Retina. Now that the iPad Air and Mini Retina appear to have the exact same specs otherwise, it boils down to size/weight.

I have grown accustomed to the weight and size of the Mini, so I am buying the iPad Air and using it for 13 days. If I like it, and get used to it, I will keep it. If I find it too heavy or too big, I will return it and get a Mini Retina.

Easy. As. Pie.

3. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

I have seen some picture comparisons on the net with the current Mini resting on top of the new Air. I do not think the size is really going to be a big issue knowing I can get a larger screen this go round. I might even be able to fit the Air in one of my garment pockets and not feeling weighted down either.

I really think if folks wanted the larger screen to begin with, well now opportunity is knocking. Will they answer?? :)

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

You assume much. How do you know the mini will come out on the 13th day? If it comes out before, you're ok, but if it comes out 21 days later or longer, you'll have to either return the Air and hold out with no ipad at all, or return the Air, then buy another one, and reset the 14 day return clock (which is kinda jerky). And hat assumes you can even get a mini the second it launches, which by all accounts is going to be tricky, and if you can't get one, the wait could be considerable.

5. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Same

Doing this too. Just sold mini 1st Gen :rolleyes:

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

That has "me" written all over it.

Got a mini and LOVED it, still do. Sold my iPad 3 right away and was a happy camper. Now though, with the full size iPad being "mini-fied" I will be selling my mini and going back to a full sized iPad. Smaller, lighter, bigger, faster.

Looking forward to it.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Or, I could return the iPad Air and keep using the one I have now....

8. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Depending on where it is purchased, the second go round for a purchase will probably fall into the extended holiday return period anyway and hopefully one could acquire the new Mini if that is what they rather have. Or go without an ipad for while. I did until the iPad 4 and Mini came out so I went years! :D

9. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Same

This. :)

10. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Same exact story here :cool:

11. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

I keep looking at the Sony Xperia Tablet Z at Best Buy because I have a Mini and have grown comfortable with its size and weight as well. BUT the Z being probably the closest to the Ipad Air with thickest and weight has had me intrigued. Too bad its locked down in the kiosk with the sensor as I would like to see if it would fit in one of my coat pockets! :)

BB opens 8:00am on Friday so not too bad but a watched pot never boils. :)

12. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Had to sorry haha

13. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I sold my 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 3 a few months ago since I knew a new iPad was coming. Although the Retina Mini seems nice, I think I will go for another full sized iPad, so it will probably be a 64GB iPad Air, Space Gray, and probably Wi-Fi only.